The Cybersecurity Technical Presales Architect provides technical architecture support for clients and prospect opportunities, with an emphasis on the IBM and Cisco security suites. This national role can be based from most US cities.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides analyses and technical support for clients’ engagements and assists the account team and other consultants with development of proposals, quotations and presentations/demonstrations; responsible for technical sales cycle working closely with sales to close business
- Effectively delivers customer presentations, demonstrations and other related collateral
- Performs pre-sales activities in conjunction with Account Teams in educating clients on Converge Security offerings, with a primary emphasis on the vendor security suites.
- Prepares and delivers client presentations
- Provides technical demonstrations to include implementation/migration planning
- Prepares deliverable templates/client timetables
- Develops recommendations based on analysis of business and technical requirements
- Reviews client hardware and software configurations to ensure client meets necessary requirements
- Supports and recommends architecture and design of projects
- Performs account management duties to include research, problem solving, technical support, and general maintenance of client relationship
- Prepares sales quotations and technical responses to Request of Quotation (RFQs) & Request for Information (RFIs) and Request for Proposals (RFPs)
- Performs base level assessments and other discovery activities
- Is mentored by more senior level resources through shadowing and other methods to support growth and develop technical expertise
- Work with Security Leadership to help formulate and execute a mid-market security coverage/sales program
- Training – Develop and execute a professional plan that will enhance skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- At least three (3) years of Information Technology related work experience in a Security solutions focused role, with an emphasis on the Cybersecurity.
Other Position Requirements
- Demonstrated ability to architect Security systems and configurations
- Demonstrated ability to acquire further technical skills
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize workload
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to investigate problems and utilize problem solving techniques
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships and work as a team player in a consulting environment
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful in working with disparate client and internal departments to deliver meaningful solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong client relationships and trust to secure future business.
- Prior vendor technical pre-sales experience in network, endpoint and cloud security
- Relevant certifications in applicable point solutions
- Consulting experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of project estimation and scoping experience