The Senior Guardium Engineer is a technical expert in database security technology, architects and designs implementations and integrations with deep, specialized knowledge of IBM Guardium in Database Activity Monitoring. The Engineer will:
- Responsible for designing and delivering database security solutions in both on-premises and cloud infrastructure based on relevant security standards, governance and control practices.
- Assess the effectiveness of security controls and recommend adjustments
- Conduct technical research when necessary to contribute to setting security direction and strategy.
- Assist others on own team, or other teams where applicable, on all security projects or security-relevant tasks on technical projects.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent experience
- Certification: IBM Guardium Administrator
- 3+ years’ experience implementing and administering IBM Guardium
- Experience working with major database management systems such as Oracle, Sybase, and DB2
- Experience working with major cloud based database solutions in Microsoft Azure, and AWS
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Moderate experience working with RedHat Enterprise Linux
- Unix Shell Scripting experience a plus