Software Information Systems (SIS), part of Converge Technology Solutions is a North American Hybrid IT Solution Provider focused on delivering industry leading solutions and services. As a trusted partner to our client, SIS is looking to hire a full-time, permanent Automation Cloud Engineer. As a member of the Cloud Automation team the Automation Cloud Engineer will take an active ownership role in the development and release of new and existing automations solution within our Cloud Practice. You will be responsible for maintaining, updating, and creating monitoring and automated deployment of various infrastructure components. You will also be a part of a weekly 24 x 7 on-call rotation within the team. While on the team you will be asked to design, develop, and maintain various automated workflows interacting with both local and cloud-based components within the multi-tenant environment.
- Configure and manages the delivery of ITSM solutions and customer portals
- Maintain, extend, and create new monitoring and alerting solutions
- Managing CI/CD pipelines and creation of automated testing pipelines
- Experience working with Linux systems (RHEL) in a Production multi-tenant environment
- Configuring and reacting to hardware and software alerts
- Create, maintain, and implement automated and scripted solutions to drive efficiencies and configuration consistency
- Experience with identifying areas for operational improvement spanning multiple technical disciplines
- Coordinating with other disparate teams demonstrating an understanding of the consequences of technological choices within a multi-tenant environment
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent work experience desired
- 2+ years Experience working with network and computer systems in a 24 x 7 multi-tenant environment (Managed Services Preferred)
- Demonstrated experience with monitoring and event management technologies
- Linux administration or engineering experience in RHEL, CentOS, or Ubuntu
- Experience managing ITSM platforms such as — Cherwell, ServiceNow, and others
- Experience with managing monitoring solutions such as Zabbix, Prometheus, Halcyon, and others
- Understanding of diverse virtualization platforms such as, but not limited to VMware vSphere, VMware Cloud Director, OpenStack or IBM PowerVM a plus
- Hands-on experience with configuration management solutions such as Ansible, Puppet, etc.
- Understanding and experience leveraging RESTful APIs, and managing infrastructure as code
- Industry technical certifications such as -- AWS (SA, DevOps, SysOps) or Azure/GCP equivalent – highly-desired
We are an equal opportunity Employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.