The Converge Solutions Architect (SA) combines deep technical expertise with a keen understanding of how to address the critical business needs of enterprise customers through Consulting and Implementing solutions. The SA is a high-impact, high-visibility role, and is considered to be the pinnacle of the Systems Engineering career path at Converge. You will be hands on designing, architecting, and implementing automation, Application, and hybrid cloud platforms.
- Be the key technical leader and influencer in shaping customer decisions to adopt technologies involving OpenShift/Kubernetes distributions.
- Serving as a Solutions Architect and trusted advisor for both the end customers and field sales teams.
- Present, demonstrate and help execute proof of concepts for RedHat, IBM and VMWARE technologies, drive customer engagements from early conversations to decision making evaluations.
- Design and implement hybrid cloud solutions based on Middleware, Integration, technologies in public and private Clouds ex: AWS, VMWare or Azure.
- Influence Converge go-to-market strategies by providing feedback to pre-sales, and engineering on current and future product/solution requirements and assist in pre-sales blockers when encountered.
- Be a self-starter who can flourish in a dynamic technology company.
- Stay well ahead of the learning curve in your area of expertise and related business trends.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in Software pre-sales and technical sales.
- Strong experience selling and architecting Public Cloud solutions based on AWS and Azure. Knowledge of GCP is a plus.
- Must have real world practical hands-on experience with either AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Experience with AWS Outpost and VMware Cloud on AWS.
- Strong IT finance fundamentals (ROI/TCO conversations and public cloud cost).
- Thorough understanding of networking in Virtualization and Public/Hybrid Cloud.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-adapting environment, working with cross-functional teams and leveraging company resources to drive sales using a combination of top-down and bottom-up tactics.
- Must be a strong communicator and presenter with excellent writing skills with a penchant for organization, constant follow-up and attention to detail.
- Experience in design, architect and deploying complex deployments.
- Must have experience with IaC, Automation Platforms, Terraform, Ansible (preferred), SaltStack, etc.
- Prior experience in application development or Systems Engineering background is a must.
- Thorough understanding of technical sales techniques and processes including ability to understand customer needs, overcome objections, assist in development of business cases and technically close deals.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, as well as excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to travel within the United States as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years prior Solutions Architect experience in a high-tech sales environment with a proven track record of success in driving customer adoption of technology
- Holding at least one of these certifications: AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator, AWS Certified Solutions Architect (Associate or Professional) or equivalent from other Cloud Providers
- Holding at least one of these certifications: Microsoft Certified Azure – Fundamental Exam, Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator or Microsoft Certified Solutions Architect
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.