Network Engineering Manager
The Network Engineering Manager works within the Converge Enterprise Cloud organization to oversee all build and support networking activities for Managed Services customers. As the leader of the Network Engineering Team, the Manager is the primary authority for all things Networking with regard to capabilities for customer solutions, Intra-Data Center connectivity, and support throughout the Enterprise Cloud organization. This role partners closely with several organizations and a wide range of roles from customer network resources to Converge Enterprise Architects to Service Desk Operations.
- Management Responsibilities:
- Lead and Manage team of Platform or Service Engineer.
- Oversee time and expenses.
- Oversee coverage models.
- Provide mentoring and training plans for direct reports.
- Provide technical oversite and handle escalations for activities related to the platform.
- Manage maintenance and purchasing process in support of multitenant capacity, dedicated assets, lab equipment, and maintenance of equipment and services.
- Participates in annual audit process ensuring timely and accurate responses to ensure maintenance of industry certifications.
- Pre-sales Responsibilities:
- Approve standard configurations and statements of work for customer opportunities.
- Assist in the design and prototyping non-standard customer solutions, configs, and SOWs.
- Approve non-standard capabilities and customer calls as needed.
- Service Offering Management:
- Accountable for the scope and definition, costs associated, and staffing models associated with an offering.
- Participate in design, prototyping, and production deployment of new offerings or updates to existing offerings.
- Manage manufacturer and vendor technical relationships in support of service offerings and operational activities.
- Services Delivery:
- Manage incident que (levels 1, 2, and 3) associated with technology domain along with change, and problem ques.
- Accountable for completing root cause analysis reports as related to technology domain/platform.
- Assign resources to customer onboarding and project efforts.
- Accountable for continuity of services in the even of a disaster recovery situation.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
- 7-10 years of experience in Networking
- Management Experience is a plus.
- Presales experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of connectivity between multiple data centers is a plus.
- Desired Certifications: CCNP/CCIE/JNCIE, VCP-NV, AWS Certified Advanced Networking, GCP Professional Cloud Network Engineer
- Required Technologies: Data Center network design, Multi-tenant architecture, Spine/leaf configuration, VXLAN, edge routing eBGP, iBGP, OSPF, VRFs, Integration with public cloud providers (GCP / AWS / Azure / IBM Cloud)
- Successful candidates will be organized and effective in both written and verbal communications.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.