Converge is looking for a Cybersecurity Enterprise Solutions Architect to join our growing team! As a Converge Cybersecurity Enterprise Solutions Architect , you will be responsible for planning and designing, enterprise security solutions. You will work closely with our clients and Managed Service Team to develop intelligent, scalable architectures to support the opportunity to work with our architects, engineers, and consultants, to understand our clients’ needs and craft a strategic security roadmap to get them there.
The Cybersecurity Architect will work with a team of engineers to maintain security systems and ensure successful implementation of security services to customers. Under the general direction of the Cybersecurity Leader, the Cybersecurity Enterprise Solutions Architect will find challenges on both sides of cyber, both designing secure environments, as well as compromising them during security assessments. The ideal candidate will proactively stay up to date with the threats landscape, conduct threat intelligence research, and convert that knowledge into offensive and defensive understanding. This role is a dual function of internal operations and client facing solution architecture and design. The ideal candidate will also assist clients by providing guidance on how to technically harden defenses following a cybersecurity framework. Using a mix of open-source and professional cybersecurity tools, this Subject Matter Expert can develop a fully baked cybersecurity strategy and actively engage with client delivery, and in campaigns such as penetration testing and red-team exercises including social engineering.
The Cybersecurity Architect is responsible for Sales Engineering support, along with planning, designing and integrating solutions for multi-vendor Cybersecurity Solutions.
- Participate in the planning, design, installation, and integration of security systems and cyber tools, including automation and orchestration capabilities where applicable.
- Design, build, and lead in the implementation of the security stack and tools used by SOC.
- Work with the DevOps team in the development of security stack integrations and tools used by SOC.
- Work with the Deployment team in the deployment of security stack components and tools used by SOC.
- Work with the Cloud Services team in the review and use of security stack components and tools.
- Create documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, and other applicable deliverables for current solutions.
- Ensure that security services are being delivered to clients according to agreement terms.
- Assist in root cause analysis for systemic issues as needed.
- Provide assessments, design deployment and implementation services of multi-vendor security solutions in an enterprise environment
- Support and/or lead application security testing
- Stay informed on current events through threat Intelligence from OSINT and industry partners to enable threat hunting operations and improve detection capabilities
- Engage various manufacturer engineering resources for lab access and design assistance
- Assess customer environments and make recommendations
- Act as an escalation point for Converge Engineers and Consultants
- Meet with key partners to stay current on products and technologies
- Maintain multiple advanced manufacturer specific and practice specific certifications.
- Complete additional relevant certifications, as recommended or assigned by Cybersecurity Practice Leaders
- Build and harden labs and production environments in traditional data center, hybrid, and cloud models
- Work with Cybersecurity management team and Managed Security Services Practice Leader to develop or update standardized delivery, onboarding and managed services documentation.
- Ability to perform vulnerability assessments, penetration testing, and red-team exercises preferred
- 5+ years of work experience in Information Security or related fields.
- Must be fully knowledgeable and able to design and plan, implement, and support security solutions in the following vendor technologies:
- IBM Security portfolio
- Current Endpoint Security Controls
- Current Identity and Access Controls
- Cisco Security (NGFW/NGIPS: ASA/FTD, FMC, AMP, or ISE) preferred but not required
- Palo Alto and Juniper Security, preferred but not required.
- Microsoft Azure Security, a plus
- Amazon Web Service, a plus
- Cloud Security Access/CASB understanding, a plus
- One of the following certifications: CompTIA Security+, CCNA Security, CEH, SSCP, OSCP, CISSP
- Strong communication skills with the ability to convey complex cyber-related information and business risks to non-technical audiences
- Ability to enable IT integration with security platform integration frameworks Excellent customer service skills over the phone and in person
- Ability to problem-solve and come up with solutions under pressure
- Ability to work within a project framework and deliver on deadlines
- Must be willing to collaborate with team members on projects to meet client expectations
- Demonstratable examples of innovative thinking and problem solving
- High level of motivation, organization, and commitment to professional development
- Experience successfully working collaboratively and independently with minimal supervision
- Professional demeanor